File An Insurance Claim

Experiencing a loss is stressful.  By reporting your loss directly to the insurance company, they can begin handling all aspects of your claim immediately.  You may also contact Preferred Insurance Services, Inc. Agency.

What do you need to file a claim?

  • Your policy number (on your insurance card or your policy documents).
  • Details on the accident or incident you are reporting.

Erie Insurance

Call (800) 367-3743 for support 24/7
Windshield or Auto Glass claim (coverage provided by Safelite Solutions)

Travelers Insurance

Auto, Home, Personal Property, Boat & Yacht

Call (800) 252-4633
Report your claim online > Start here »
Roadside Assistance (800) 252-4633

Progressive Insurance

Call (800) 274-4499
Report your claim online > Start here

 Loudoun Mutual Insurance

Call (800) 752-3458
Report your claim online > Start here

Grange Insurance

Call  (800) 445-3030
Report your claim online > Start here

If you have a life or annuity claim:
Call (800) 399-3797

    Private Client

Call (855) 473-6410

 National General Insurance

Call (800) 325-1088
Report your claim online > Start here

Call (800) 252-4670
Report your claim online > Start here

Call (866) 455-9969
Report your claim online > Start here

Atlantic Specialty Lines

Call (800) 368-2095
Report your claim online > Start here

Call (800) 964-2532
Report your claim online > Start here

Links to Disaster Restoration Companies

Links to emergency remediation/restoration services are provided for your convenience.  Preferred Insurance Services, Inc. does not endorse or recommend any particular provider.


Servpro of North Prince William County
(703) 368-4399

Servpro of North Arlington
(703) 243-6666
Also serving West Springfield Newington, Vienna, Fairfax, Oakton & Loudoun County

Servpro of Springfield/Mt Vernon
(703) 644-0620

Servpro of Dale City/Lake Ridge
(703) 583-8484

Servpro of Fredericksburg
(540) 373-7000

Servicemaster of Charlottesville/Culpepper & Warrenton
Charlottesville (434) 293-3366
Culpepper (540) 948-2291
Warrenton (540) 439-7285


Servpro of Gaithersburg/Germantown
(301) 963-8474

Servpro of Bethesda/Potomac
(301) 530-7400
Also serving Chevy Chase, Silver Spring, College Park, Hyattsville, Washington DC, District Heights & Landover

Tri State Restorations
(866) 818-1949

Commonly asked reporting questions

What information do I need to report my claim?

The information needed will depend on the type of claim you are reporting. Typically, however, you will need to provide the following information:

  • Your contact information
  • The name and contact information of any other involved parties
  • Your policy info (if available)
  • The type of loss you are reporting (auto, home, etc.)
  • The date the incident occurred
  • A description of the loss
  • A description of any injuries

I don't have all the information needed to report my claim. What should I do?

You should report your claim to the carrier as soon as possible, even if you don’t have all the necessary information. The faster you do so, the sooner they can start assisting you. Your claim professional will be contacting you throughout the claim process, so you will always have the opportunity to update information.

What happens after I report my claim?

Shortly after reporting your loss, a claim professional will call you to discuss what will happen next and what your insurance policy covers. He or she will also answer any questions you have. For auto and property claims, the representative will usually set up a time to inspect the damage in person. Remember, your claim professional is there to be your guide throughout the claim process.

How long will it take to settle my claim?

Every loss is different, so the length of time needed to settle a claim varies. The time it takes to inspect the damage and investigate the claim will determine the time needed to settle your claim. Your claim professional will help you through each step of the process and answer any questions you have about your claim.

When can I expect payment?

The facts of the loss must be thoroughly reviewed to determine what happened and whether the loss is covered by your insurance policy. For damaged property or vehicles, this usually requires an in-person inspection. Once your claim professional determines whether the policy covers the loss, a check based on an approved estimate of the damage, either on the spot or soon afterward can be issued.