Assistant Account Manager – Fairfax, VA
Preferred Insurance Services, Inc. is seeking energetic candidates for our Assistant Account Manager positions that will support our Commercial Lines department. These positions are located in our Fairfax, VA office.
This is an entry level position – your team will fully support your training and education to provide the tools and experience to develop into a Commercial Lines Junior Account Manager. We want to see you grow!
What you will be doing:
- Assist in the renewal process (pre-renewal workflow, order loss runs, exposure comparison, renewal applications, premium comparisons, create renewal proposals) for your assigned Account Managers. You will also assist with creating master certificates, insurance binders and completing policy checklists
- Provide general administrative support to Commercial Lines department
- Issue certificates of insurance and evidence of property forms
- Review and process endorsements, follow up with Carriers for receipt of endorsements
- Input initial applications into EPIC
- Assist with spreadsheets and premium allocations on accounts
- Initial Policy checks, including policy forms, policy term, policy number, premium, commission, etc.
- Other projects as needed by account management staff.
- Back up phone lines as needed
The chosen individuals will posses strong interpersonal skills and have a professional and pleasant telephone manner. The successful candidates are team players and capable of working independently, interacting with people and resolving problems.
- 1-2 years of experience in an office environment
- Must be a self-starter, imaginative and creative (problem solver)
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task (time management)
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Insurance or banking background preferred, but not required
Why work here? At Preferred, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Employer paid insurance benefits
- Paid time off
- Flex holiday
- Life and disability insurance
- Casual dress code
- Office social events, Quarterly events
- Employee referral program
- On-site gym
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Not your dream job? Check out our other Career Opportunities.