The elevator industry can be hazardous and there are only a small number of agencies that specialize in writing policies for elevator contractors, inspectors, manufacturers, service and repair. The proper insurance coverage is essential for any business working with elevators to protect itself from liability claims. Because it is a specialized industry, it is important to select a provider that truly understands the nature of the business.
At Preferred Insurance, we have extensive experience providing comprehensive insurance and risk management products for the elevator industry. Our team of elevator specialists works closely with each client to evaluate their specific needs. We provide access to the only national elevator insurance program available in the marketplace for over 100 elevator contractors across the county.
The Preferred Services Difference
- We are one of only three agencies in the country that specialize in elevator insurance.
- We are the second largest provider of elevator insurance in the country.
- We offer a blanket additional insured endorsement to provide primary coverage for any additional insureds when required by contract, at no additional cost.
- Our program allows us to offer all lines of coverage
- We offer aggregate liability that exceeds industry standards at no additional cost.
- There is no property damage or liability deductible.
- The program also provides pollution coverage, if needed.
- The insurance companies we work with are admitted in all states and have the highest financial rating
- The adjusters and attorneys handling the claims are specialists in the elevator industry
The Elevator Experts
We specialize in creating insurance and risk management products and programs for a wide range of services specific to the elevator industry. Our elevator program is underwritten by top-rated insurance carriers to ensure that we are offering our clients the best coverage options for access liability, general liability, and workers’ compensation.
Type of equipment covered:
- Chair lifts
- Garage lifts
- Handicap lifts
- Moving walkways
- Residential lifts
- Sidewalk lifts
Our program provides coverage for a number of elevator operations activities including inspections, maintenance and repair, manufacturing and distribution, modernization, and new construction. In addition to operation activities, our general liability programs include coverage for the following:
- Additional insured
- Claims for false arrest, malicious prosecution
- Damage to premises the client rents or occupies
- Discrimination unrelated to employment practices
- Invasion of the right of privacy
- Libel, slander wrongful eviction